Covid-19, a global pandemic affecting millions worldwide, seems to be staying with us for a long time. Wave after wave of bio attacks which leads to phase after phase of lockdown or restricted movement order has made countless people to stay indoor for most of the time. Even many jobs are adapting the new work-from-home culture.
Staying indoor may keep us safe from infection, but with the lack of physical activities, it will give us other health problems such as heart attack, diabetes, obesity, high/low blood pressure, depression and more.
And we don’t need to go out to be fit, as there are numerous workout that can be done at home, even in the comfort of your room. We recommend to you some of best workout for general fitness that tones all, leans all, fits all in one.
- Burpees is one of the most efficient and fastest way to get ripped and lean in a short time. It builds stamina & endurance, and muscles in your legs, hips, buttocks, abdomen, arms, chest, and shoulders, an all-rounder which enhance your fitness, flexibility, mental and functional strength. The military and extreme athletes use burpees extensively in their daily workouts.
- Plank is a common yet highly effective workout that strengthens your core muscles, keeping you injury-free and steady on your feet all the time. Besides that, plank aligns your spine, strengthen your rhomboids, trapezius, abdominal, arms, and quads. It’s a full bodyweight workout which naturally resulted in a lean figure, greater strength and strong posture.
- If you don’t have time or feeling fatigue to do a jump with burpees, push-ups are the go-to upper bodyweight workout that strengthens mainly your chest muscles, shoulders and triceps. Done in proper form will strengthen the lower back and core muscles as well. Push-ups are versatile as you can do it in multiple variations depending on what muscles you want to strengthen.
- If you’re feeling lazy and just want to lay all day yet wanting to be fit, do your sit-ups and crunches. It uses your bodyweight to strengthen the core and other abdominal muscles as well, giving you good six-pack with strong posture and body. Like push-ups, there are multiple variation of sit-ups and crunches which depends on what muscles you want to strengthen.
- Squats is a good functional strength workout that strengthens quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes, abdominals and calves. It builds leg strength to help you walk up stairs, brisk walking and run more efficiently, basically mobility improvised. You will agree that squatting is better than sitting around all day!
- All physical workouts won’t complete the job without a moment of relaxation and serenity. The workout for the brain is the calmness of the mind, hence meditation comes into play. Just sit back relax, and focus on your breathing; inhale through the nose, exhale via the mouth. This helps to recover your body from all the physical strains and sharpen your mind to a more fruitful way of life.
There goes the recommended list of workout and activity to do during the lockdown period. Though ‘jailed’, it does not mean you got licence to slack. Take this opportunity to do something useful for your body and mind, to prepare yourself for anything that comes your way now or in the future.