Humans have a love-hate relationship with running. It can be dreadful yet a blissful satisfaction after every run. As strange as it sounds, running brings more benefit than we can ever imagine. It is capable of uplifting our wellbeing and transcends us into a being with super intelligence and power. Ok, maybe not that superhuman stuff, but one thing is a fact; Constant running transform people to a better version of themselves.
Eventhough one may find 1001 reasons (ahem excuses ahem) not to run, here we give you just 7 reasons (good enough) to make you run for life.
- 1. Improves Overall Fitness
- Running enhances stamina, builds muscular and functional strength for your legs, core, arms, back, glutes, upper body, basically almost every part of you, keeping you lean and fit. It is an all-in-one workout which is especially suitable for working adults with time constraint, keeping them fit on a daily basis while being committed to adult responsibilities.
- 2. Mental Health, Enhanced
- A running a day keeps the blues away. Running produces feel-good hormones such as endorphins, serotonin, dopamine and oxytocin, keeping you happy and sane throughout the day. It boost your pain tolerance which helps you endure rough times better. Running makes your mind sharp and focus like a sword that pierces every sales target you aimed.
- 3. BEST Weight Loss
- We don’t have to do much dietary planning, splash cash on slimming centres, or go through a strict and rigid weight loss programme. All we need is to run. Running burns hundreds, run longer and we burn thousands of calories in one session. Start running and start saving the money and hassle of unnecessary regimes and routines. But on one condition, we must run consistently and diligently.
- 4. Flexible Running Hours
- We can do our runs at anytime in our convenience anywhere be it at the park, road, trails, on the treadmill, or even run in place…with one catch, as long we finish our run. We can even run alone (if you’re introverted) unlike many sports that requires a team, and we may opt to run with friends. It can go both ways, again, running is flexible…as long we finish our run!
- 5. Low Investment, High Returns!
- Running is said to be one of the cheapest sports to do. It is simple, convenient and cost effective, that reap tons of health wealth. Why? All we need is a shoe, shorts, t-shirt and socks and we’re ready to have that run of the day. You will be amazed what such a simple workout can do for you.
- 6. Keeps Us Connected
- Think running is for the introverted? Think again! We tend to be more interactive and socially apt towards other runners who are running along the same route as us. Expect a massive exchange of ‘good morning’ or ‘good day’ with fellow stranger runners. Plus, we’ve got running events that gather runners from all around to mingle and jingle while keeping us fit and healthy.
- 7. Run to Eat!
- Ok, not the best idea but it’s a bonus perk to run. As mentioned, running burn tons of calories which boost our metabolism and appetite. Runners are hungry creatures, we refuel (like alot!) after each run. Then, we burn what we eat to leave room for the next day feast. How awesome is that!? In short, we can eat anything we want and burn it all in our next running session. No more guilty conscious!
- You have reached the end of the article. Lets get you transformed! Now shut your devices, lace up and go do that run that you surely need. Run for wellness, run for good, run for your life!